Steel Cable vs. Synthetic Winch Rope: Which is Better?
Synthetic winch rope serves as a non-metallic upgrade vs. conventional steel cable and is much easier to work with. Custom Splice offers custom-length AmSteel Winch Ropes and Diamond Line Winch Ropes for your specific application and ships them right to your door!
Here is a helpful winch cable strength chart:
Why is Custom Splice AmSteel Blue and Diamond Line Winch Rope better than Steel Cable?
- 1/7th the weight of steel cable, yet superior in strength
- Has no memory and will not kink or burr like steel cable
- Floats on water!
- Can be handled easily without gloves
- Will not freeze hands or conduct heat
- Does not absorb water and will not rust
- Recommended for Marine Off-Road applications